The living room is a space for you and your family, whether that family is made up of humans or furry friends. It’s a place to relax and enjoy your favorite series or movie in comfort and style. You want this space to look stunning as you spend so much time here. At Home Zone, we provide a range of stylish TV center options that fit in with the style of the rest of the room.
What is a TV Stand?
The humble TV stand is a piece of furniture that primarily provides a practical use, with its aesthetic value being a supporting factor. Over the years, people have used the term ‘TV stands’ interchangeably with others such as ‘media console’ or ‘TV console,’ which are different types of TV stands. While these terms being used interchangeably is technically correct, the term ‘entertainment center’ is the exception. There are actually significant differences between what we know as a TV stand and an entertainment center.
Typically, living space TV stands offer users the opportunity to place the television on its surface, usually at seated eye level. The design aspects are far simpler as its primary role is being able to hold the weight of the TV. Also, you won’t find much space around the surface nor is there sufficient storage capacity.
Pros and Cons of a TV Stand
- As with any piece of furniture, TV stands have pros and cons. They are ideal for moving around to give your home a new look, any time you wish.
- If you no longer require the TV stand to serve its core purpose, you can easily move it to another part of the home and use it in another way.
- When space is at a premium, you need a TV stand since it occupies very little space, ensuring that the room appears larger.
- With the presence of a living space TV stand, you can simply move it around to suit your viewpoint. If there is a glare from the natural light, you can easily adjust the stand to eliminate the glare.
- However, there are also some cons to owning TV stands. These include the fact that it blends into the room and fails to contribute to the aesthetics in any way.
- The harsh reality is not all TVs may fit on the surface. With larger, flatter TVs, the stand may not be sufficient to carry the entire weight. Additionally, if you opt for a smaller TV, it may appear disproportionate if the stand is too large.
What is an Entertainment Center?
It’s normal to confuse a TV stand with entertainment center furniture since they technically serve a similar purpose. Entertainment centers, also called media centers, are much larger than TV stands that offer ample space for the placement of a TV while adding a degree of decorative flair. They usually occupy a fair amount of wall space and surround the TV from all sides.
Additionally, a TV entertainment center provides plenty of storage options through open shelving, drawers and closed cabinets. As a result, you have slightly more privacy in terms of the types of content you’re storing away.
Pros and Cons of a Entertainment Center
- A TV media center contributes to the overall appearance of the theater room.
- They are available in several designs which can complement the immediate surroundings.
- The TV entertainment center’s larger frame helps hide unsightly elements such as cables and plugs.
- The drawers and cabinets offer the ideal solution for storing various media items such as DVDs and other crucial elements for the TV room.
- On the other hand, these entertainment units usually occupy plenty of space, taking away from the room itself.
- Since a media stand is large and heavy, you can’t move it around whenever there is an issue with a glare on the screen.
A TV Stand or a TV Entertainment Center – How to Choose
Since there are clear differences between a TV console table and a TV media center, you must decide which one is ideal for you. In a perfect world, the type of living room TV furniture you select must serve a practical purpose and add aesthetic value to the room. These are the essential points to consider:
- If you already have a big space, having a wall entertainment unit will help you make the best use of it and make the room appear cozier. Several media centers can capture the attention of a room and become the main attraction.
- Consider the current setup in your home. If you have little ones running around, a small TV stand may be a hazard as they could knock the TV over while playing. Bear in mind that you need an entertainment center that can hide away dangerous elements like cables and electric sockets.
- Sometimes, simplicity works best. When you have a similar theme running through the rest of the house, then a simple TV stand will suffice. It’s neat, small, takes up minimal space and can be moved around when necessary.
- People with loads of décor and accessories that need storage will benefit from the TV entertainment center. The drawers and cabinets will come in handy when you need to store these items away.
Find Your Living Room TV Furniture at Home Zone Furniture
Apart from discovering a world of TV stands and entertainment centers, Home Zone Furniture stocks a wide range of entertainment furniture and accents for your living room. Explore the site to identify what furniture suits your home and contact us for any assistance you may require.
Find a Home Zone Furniture Store in Texas Near You
Mesquite, TX | Richardson, TX | Hudson Oaks, TX | Cedar Hill, TX | Lewisville, TX | North Lewisville, TX | Arlington, TX | Allen, TX | North Richland Hills, TX | Denton, TX | Fort Worth, TX | Burleson, TX | Lake Worth, TX | Waco, TX | Lawton, OK | Abilene, TX | Marble Falls, TX | Round Rock, TX | Wichita Falls, TX | San Angelo, TX